Skip to main content

Fil de France

A friend and coworker of the Cuddly Hubby's has a fondness for European vacations. The Bard and his wife like to take a couple weeks in France each year for hiking and bicycling during the day, and eating amazing food at night. The Bard also knows of my love of textile goodness. And the Bard's harp teacher is also a knitter. So, returning from France with good yarn is a way to please two women at once! Additionally, the Bard visited an old mill with 19th century spinning equipment. Very cool!

So, I am adding to my stash, courtesy of the Bard (thank you, thank you, grovel, grovel, thank you)

105 grams, approx. 100m Artisan wool, color mulberry
25 grams, approx. 90m 70% angora, 30% merino, color bright turquoise
25 grams, approx. 90m 70% angora, 30% merino, color pale peach

And I must admit that I love how the angora seems to be glowing in the photographs. Its halo is glowing brightly.

Comments