Skip to main content

Pieces of Knitting History

I wasn't sure if I should blog about this or not, but considering how little traffic it seems to be generating, somebody needs to say something.

Schoolhouse Press has organized a series of three auctions of garments handknit by Barbara G. Walker. The first auction is already open. It ends Saturday night 2 November at midnight. The second and third auctions will follow in sequence, ending on Tuesday 12 November and Saturday 23 November respectively. Look books can be downloaded at this link.

Right now, I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. There's a sweater I might bid on, because it is currently listed at under $100, and to me that seems a crime against knitting. As someone on the temporary board for the Center for Knit and Crochet, I hope all the pieces end up in the homes of knitters who will adore and treasure these items for decades to come.

Comments

Angelfire212 said…
I looked at the pieces up for auction, and they are quite lovely. I don't know that I would (or could) wear them, but they would make a LOVELY display and to be able to study them and learn from her work would be amazing!