Skip to main content

Rare Week

It has been a rare week indeed. On Monday night, we had a lunar eclipse that coincided with the winter solstice. This happy coincidence occurred most recently more than 450 years ago.

This evening, it is snowing in Atlanta. My understanding is that the last white Christmas in Atlanta was in the 19th century. The photograph is a nearly current view out my studio windows.

On this sacred day, it pleases me to think happy thoughts of those I love. Some are past, some are present, some are future, and some never were.

The Cuddly Hubby reading a book or running a D&D game.
The Yarn Pimp spinning or knitting with a cat or two close by.
The Bard eating a gourmet meal somewhere in France.
Carole decking her halls.
Ginny hosting Thanksgiving.
Andy playing a game.
Elalyr & Tegyrius' wedding.
Dana & John's pirate wedding.
Vincent eating tuna.
Brûlée pouncing on the feather toy.
My grandmother sewing something beautiful.
My other grandmother cooking something wonderful.
My sister singing so beautifully it moves the audience to tears.
My brother and dad flying together.
My mother making a new discovery.
My brother-in-law cooking an Italian feast worthy of the Pope.
The Extrovert leading.
The Introvert playing Bakugan.
The Princess doing anything confidently.
The Thespian shooting a movie or discussing his artistic passions.
The Architect dah'ling hearing the "Ooos" and "Ahhhs."
The Dear Friend flying model airplanes with his dad.
Scenter knitting lace or deciphering the math of the universe.
Sophia devouring kitchen plunder.
Copernicus lording.

To all my dear readers out there, however you celebrate the waning days of the year, may they be sacred and special amongst those you love.

Comments