Skip to main content

Reversible Illusion Knitting

I've been aware of the work of Steve Plummer for some time. His illusion knits include not merely simple geometric designs but complicated illusions such as Albert Einstein or Mona Lisa. But the sad thing about illusion knits is they are not reversible.

Until now.

I am very excited to add an illusion knitting class to my repertoire. And now that I can show you how to work it reversibly, so much the better. In fact, I think this might be easier, as you are always looking at the right side of the work. And the two sides are independent, which means you can work the same pattern on both sides or different patterns. Just be sure both charts are the same size and they both start with the same color.

Here is a simple example. One side is a checkerboard.

The other side is two large triangles.

I'll see if I can make a larger, more impressive sample.

Comments