Skip to main content

Fixing 2-Color Brioche

One of my most popular classes is Brioche Rosetta Stone. As far as I know, I'm one of the few instructors who shows how to work brioche stitches using the yarn over & slip method as well as the knitting into the stitch below method. I was chatting with other instructors at a STITCHES event. One said she doesn't teach brioche because she can't fix it.

For the most part, I can't fix it, either.

In class, I tell students to knit a few rows and then pick back up and carry on. Mistakes are common when learning brioche. If you spend all your time trying to fix them, you won't learn the maneuvers. Fixing brioche is one of the most difficult things you can do in knitting. I would rather fix double-knitting than fix brioche. But a number of students have requested video showing how to do it. I had a swatch of brioche on my needles after a virtual presentation for South Carolina Knitting Guild. It seemed like a good time to shoot some video.

As I say at the end of the video, I hope this helps; but I also hope you never need to do this.

The last thing I should mention is shows are coming back. I'm teaching virtually at Fiberworld later this month. I'm on the schedule at Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival, Kathy's Kreations Fall Fling, Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair, and Unwind. I hope to see you at one of those or at a guild meeting!

Comments