Skip to main content

Killer App

I was just over on Amazon, birthday shopping for the Cuddly Hubby. They have up the advertisements for the Kindle 2. I used to enjoying reading. I did. But I can't read and knit and blog and run a knitting guild and keep house and amuse the Cuddly Hubby all in the same day. There weren't enough hours in the week, and the reading got cut, as those folks in the Friday morning Knit Lit group know. (I am always behind where everybody else is.) Then I go over to Amazon today and there's the Kindle 2 with this new feature:
Read-to-Me: With the new text-to-speech feature, Kindle can read every newspaper, magazine, blog, and book out loud to you, unless the book is disabled by the rights holder
I did not need to know this.

Edit: It just got worse. Mrs. Beeton's Book of Needlework. If you listen to Cast-on podcast with Brenda Dayne, you know who Mrs. Beeton is.

Comments